www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Howdy- Welcome to the State Fair of TX

So we did our annual trip to the TX state fair this Saturday. It was a long day, I was up early and went to step aerobics with my sister Mandy, so i could counteract some of the calories I would ingest later at the fair, in the form of fried "insert whatver you want". in my case, it was fried pecan pie! We started off with a boat ride- Will rode with his cousins, Michael and Ally! Next up was a plane ride- he loved this and even put his hands up in the air when I told him too!

This was a fire truck thing that went up in the air and we shot water at a target.

We stopped for a beer and some more fried goodness! Fletcher's corny dogs and beers that were way too expensive!


nothing like a monster truck in TX! lol- part of the car show



We also did a ride on a 'hot air balloon' kiddie ride that went up in the air and also spun like a teacup. that was his absolute favorite- he laughed the entire time. At least I know we won't have any issues (hopefully) at disney in 2 months on rides! We also rode a kiddie roller coaster and he had a blast on it too- arms in the air and all!



I also had a great time today seeing Mary Poppins the musical (again at fair park- oh the parking nightmare again!). It was fantastic and my sisters, mom and niece Ally all loved it too. Only two months until we get to see Mary herself at WDW!

No comments: