www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

My first vacation at the beach



THANKS Mama and Papa for a great trip!
Get ready for a long post, we have lots of pics! So mommy and daddy took me on my first vacation last week. We headed to Sea World San Antonio and down to the Corpus Christi area to Mustang Island/Port Aransas to a beach house for a week. Mama and Papa (grandparents) were kind enough to get the house for all of us, including my cousins and aunts/uncles. We had a blast. It was me, my parents, my grandparents, my aunt Wendy/Uncle MIke and their 2 kids, then Nene and Jeff and then my cousin CK (Daddy's brother's son from OK) and then my aunt Wendy's neice Cassidy. So we had a big group and everyone pitched in to help take care of me. We left for Sea World on Saturday at about 8:30am. We arrived and checked into a Marriott Courtyard in San Antonio and headed to lunch and then Seaworld. We spent the day there until they closed at 10pm. I did really well on the drive there- almost 5 hours and hardly fussed at all. Here are some pics of everything we did.
here's mommy and me at seaworld on the first day at the waterpark section chilling in the pool
Daddy and me in the poolmy family all in the pool having fun at seaworld, it was just a little crowded, can't you tell this is me relaxing in my stroller at the pool and playing with my bottle. i did pretty well and didn't even get sunburned! we did see lots of interesting things at seaworld, including kids with no clothes on or swim diapers. we won't even go into the part about people that shouldn't wear speedos or bikinis. I am 9 months old and know better!
At Seaworld, we saw a lot. Daddy fed the dolphins, we saw the sharks, saw the Shamu show at night, rode 2 water rides, did the water park and saw the walruses and penguins. It was really hot though, so all the adults had to stop for lots of samples of the free beer on both days. good thing Anhauser Busch owns the park! We were really tired both days since the park is very spread out and there is a lot of walking. Plus keeping a group of 10 adults and 3 kids together is a challenge in itself, nevermind the 90-100 degree heat.

Here is the cute pirate hat that mama and papa bought for me!

Here is Daddy feeding the dolphins Me and my cousins- Mikey (almost 2) and Ally (almost 5)
After a full day at seaworld, i was wiped out and took a nap with my new Shamu!


So we did Seaworld on Sunday from about 10am-2pm, then we headed on to Port A for the rest of the vacation. We arrived in Port A around 5pm or so and took the cars over on the ferry. The beach house was very nice and had 3 bedrooms, a loft and 3 baths. It had a great porch, but we thought it had ocean views and it didn't except on the second floor. we were a half block from the beach though.
Here's me and daddy at the beachhouse taking a breakMe and daddy at the beach, this is one of the few times I was fussy, i was so tired and fighting a nap. This was before we bought a nice pop up canopy too, so daddy was holding the umbrella to shade me!Me and mommy on the porch. i am really becoming a mommy's boy now. I cry when she leaves the room.Me and my cousin Mikey playing and sharing toys. I know we will be great buddies when we are older. He is just about a year older than me. The family enjoying the porch outside.Me in Mikey's stroller when we visited the USS Lexington aircraft carrier in Corpus.




My new sailor's hat from our visit to the aircraft carrier. man i look cute! Mikey got a matching one too.

Daddy trying to show CK some stuff on the beach one night.





Mikey made a huge mess in the sand. He loved it!Here I am playing in the sand and water. I loved crawling and trying to eat Must eat sand!!!! we also took a nature/dolphin watch cruise one night. it was about 2 hours and we saw dolphins and then they also had live sea creatures in the boat for us to touch and feel, including crabs and fish.





me and papa playing!




Our spot at the beach in the shade! Man, this vacation stuff is hard work, it is wearing me out! My cousin CK built some sand castles on the last day. it was his first time to ever see the ocean. He had a blast boogie boarding the whole trip. Well that was my trip. i had a blast, although i had a 9hour trip back home this weekend. But i travelled so well. My next trip will be to DisneyWorld in December 2009, so a year and a half away. I am sure I will go somewhere on a short vacation before then. But for now, I have great pictures and memories of the beach!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What awesome pictures!! Looks like you guys all had a great time - love the pics of Will sleeping in the stroller and with his cute hats on!

Allison said...

He is such a doll Michelle! I can't believe how big he is getting. It must go by so fast! You look great too!